Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Oddities

I keep seeing weird things around on the street, in the subway, etc.

A few weeks ago, I saw officially the ugliest woman I've ever seen, without counting those with actual facial defects. This woman had the epitome of the witch-nose stereotype. I saw her profile, and the tip of it actually curved down BELOW her top lip. Yes. I didn't even know that was possible.

There was a man with a longbow on the subway on Sunday. It was unstrung and wrapped up in cloth, but there's no mistaking a 6-ft long stick with tapered, slightly curving ends. He thought he was being all sneaky. I know what that is, mister...

A little girl was waiting with her mother(?) on the subway platform yesterday. She had tanned skin, not black or white, but just kind of a dark-ish caucasian color. Her hair was all nappy, definitely with African American texture, and done up in the typical little black girl fashion with sections of it tied up into little buns. But - it was blonde. She was blonde! And it definitely wasn't dyed, because her eyebrows and eyelashes were blonde, too. A naturally blonde black girl! What! Just! Happened!

0 comments: