Friday, February 6, 2009

Weird day.

I had class yesterday so I had to wake up about an hour earlier than I normally do. On the first Thursday of every month, we get this free breakfast at work - bagels, muffins, fresh fruit, OJ, coffee, egg wraps - that is quite good, even though no one knows who brings it (which is actually better for us, because there are laws against trying to sway organizations to buy products with bribes). So I had a good breakfast, a busy-enough day and studied a bit for my quiz. For lunch I had a sandwich that Adam had gotten me the night before, turkey and swiss and cranberry sauce (like Thanksgiving) and even though the cranberries had soaked through the bottom of the bread, it was really good.
I got a cinnamon dolce latte for class from Starbucks and felt totally fine... until the break in the middle. The girl sitting in front of me came back smelling like cigarette smoke and that just turned my stomach. I felt yucky throughout the rest, and although I didn't think of it at the time, it was a blessing that the professor finished a half hour early. I had to concentrate real hard getting back home, and the weird subway smells didn't help, either. The cold air did, thank goodness.
I got home, feeling really dizzy and lasted about 10 minutes until my roommate and his girlfriend left (to spare them the grossness) before seeing some of my lunch for the second time. I drank some water... which just made it easier to do it again. Adam called, I told him I was feeling sick, and he asked if I had anything other than the turkey... which made me have to hang up and run to the bathroom again. I finally forced some soup down and it stayed, but it was a struggle, since my friends came back and watched a Scrubs episode entirely about coffee (after having some and being sick, not a good association now) and flipping through the tv stations with an amazing knack for finding things that grossed me out; "Click" was on with Adam Sandler, and the only line we heard as we flipped by was, "...have tons of jello shots and puke our brains out!" along with some other reference to that in "The Office" or "30 Rock".
Not a fun night.
But Adam was sweet and brought me some ginger ale. :)

0 comments: