Thursday, July 3, 2008

another day, another DNAse reaction...

Watched "The Other Boleyn Girl" yesterday, for lack of anything else to do. I didn't really have any desire to watch it, there just wasn't anything on tv, etc. etc. Natalie Portman and Scarlett Johannson - basically just a real big bitch fight, although Scarlett isn't really that bitchy but just as pathetic because she is all caring and hurt and forgiving. Essentially, sucks to be them. Natalie did a good job and I really didn't feel sorry for her at all, even when she got her head chopped off. Anyway, depressing, but still a good movie if you're into English history, adultery, incest and Victorian fashions.
I did learn one thing though - Anne Boleyn's daughter with Henry VIII = Queen Elizabeth? Hm!
Shut up, I'm no good at history.

I looked on my iGoogle page and saw, under "Today in History":
"Dog days" begin, heralded by the appearance at sunrise of Sirius, the Dog Star"
Sneaky, sneaky J. K. Rowling. I had to shake my head at this one.

I'm excited about this weekend - I'm about 5 hours away from 3 days off, 4th of July celebrations and seeing family again on Sunday. There have been a bunch of somewhat hilarious emails going back and forth between me, Stacey, Jessie, Jared and Adam, all considering what we should do and where to hang out. I think the concensus is now Charles Schurz park, after a little hiccup when Jared asked if we could bring drinks in there and they said no. Oh well, there's bars around and we can always "pregame for the fireworks"... good god, that just sounds super lame. But, as we all know, everyone's gonna do it so whatever.
Going back home on Sunday, see the rents and the little bro. I asked my dad if he could pick me up Sunday morning from the train station, unless he had anything else to do, and he said he couldn't because he had scheduled the rearrangment of his sock drawer for that time. Love it.

Mark's endoscopy is today. He's had this really odd eating problem for the past couple years - whenever he eats red meat or similar objects (I'm not really sure exactly), he has a lot of trouble swallowing/moving it down his esophagus. Drinking water doesn't help, eating slower doesn't help. So he went to the doctor who referred him to a gastroenterologist, who made him drink like 5 liters of really thick radioactive gunk so they could see how his throat was handling it. Apparently his esophagus did not go through peristalsis when he was lying down, so that = weak peristaltic muscles?
He's at the hospital right now getting a tube shoved down his throat with a camera at the end so they can see what's up. Hope he's doing okay...

0 comments: