Wednesday, July 2, 2008

self-indulgent books still to read!

Tamora Pierce, I haven't had enough of you yet! (Despite reading the 4 Alanna books, 4 Daine books, 2 Aly books, 8 Circle books and I think the 4 Kel books... 22 in all!)
I still have:
The first in The Provost's Dog Trilogy, "Terrier: The Legend of Beka Cooper"
Plain Magic
Testing
Elder Brother
Student of Ostriches
Huntress
Hidden Girl

Her future stuff:
Melting Stones, an audio book - October 1, 2008
untitled Circle Universe book with Rosethorn, Briar and Evvy going to Yanjing - 2008
Bloodhound and Elkhound, II and III of Provost's Dog - both 2009
untitled Circle Universe, with Trisana going to Lightsbridge - 2010
Numair: The Early Years - conflict with Ozorne - 2010
untitled Tortall Universe, coming of age of Maura of Dunlath - 2012

Even though Twilight was SO SO SO good, it disturbed me somehow and I don't want to read the other ones. It was too good, I think. Too insightful, too perfect, too... well, I just got too involved, perhaps, and don't want to be sucked away like that ever again. I got an Amazon recommendation for one of the ones later in the series and I just felt this weird drop in my stomach and I got away from that page asap.

Anyone know of authors I might like? Anyone?

0 comments: