Thursday, July 30, 2009

Bad things come in threes? Fours?

Ahhhhh little things have been going wrong all day today! I messed up the first PCR with a bum number in the run method, had to redo that; one of the stain's tissue came off on the parafilm, had to redo that (and because of it, have to wait until 2:30pm to have lunch! guh!); dropped a couple things here and there... But I don't feel as bad as the lab next door, who have been having trouble with their mice for the past 8 months, and today just got a new batch only to discover the embryos are all infected with pin worms! They're all in there, squirming around, eating away the zona... Fun! It's so disgusting that they're calling a bunch of people who don't normally come in here to go look. Lots of "Eww, gross!" shouts from over there.

On another note, I realized it's almost August, so if the weather holds out and I get out on time I'll go over to 1 Park Avenue and snag a tuition remission form. This time I'm going to CALL the office first to make sure I'm doing it with the right timing - damn you, woman behind the window! YOU told me to bring it in after classes were over! And then YOU yelled at me that it was late! Yes, YOU specifically!

Also, the True Blood book is getting much, much better. Although there have been about 11 murders in the past 2 weeks or so, so that doesn't seem normal. And some hilariously weird quotes that I will definitely put in here. *shakes head* I still don't know if the writer truly doesn't grasp how odd some things sound, or if she's doing it on purpose...

1 comments:

thump said...

i could never bring myself to reading the true blood books. are they any good?

anna paquin bothers me so i cant watch it anymore. and the show's acting is so over the top and the storyline so random that my head just hurts from it.