Tuesday, February 2, 2010

School, food, work. Wah!

I can never tell if I like the craziness that school demands or hate it. I like the variety, the different people, the SOMETHING I have to attend or finish or otherwise engage in. I hate the weekend work that steals funtime away, and the fact that by the time I get home, exercise a bit, eat dinner and relax for a few minutes it's already 8 and I don't want to start on anything that's going to take hours and hours.
Working on my presentation has been at least a little more fun, since PowerPoint is better than writing a paper or answering problems. Pictures and graphs, yay! It's taking forever though, and I only have tonight to rehearse. Gack. I also got up at 6 this morning to get a bit done, and it's the first time I've been up before the sun in quite a while. Ah, change in routine. Probably good.

It's restaurant week here in the city and, knowing that no one else would have the initiative to set up a reservation, Jessie and Rob informed us of our dinner at Smith & Wollensky. Very smart of them. It also was at 8:30 so everyone could make it.
We got about $120/person worth of food for $50/person. Definitely worth it. Wouldn't go if there wasn't a huge discount like that. It was all snazzy, with the waiter darting in to pour your wine when you set the empty glass on the table. Filet mignon, delicious - although next time I'll listen to Rob and get something interesting. He got corned beef and it was SO good!

I also just changed the media in our dishes and saw something moving in there. A little cyst with some beating cells... so. rad.

0 comments: