Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Somewhat embarrassing dream.

I'm used to having dreams whose key players are people I've known since childhood but haven't spoken to in years. There have been many weird ones along the way... but last night's was just... laughable and kind of embarrassing.

There were only a few boys I've liked in my years in the Ridge, mostly due to horrifically tragic populations in our grade. Most of them I'd known since elementary. One kid in particular was always pretty cute, but he was so above me status-wise that the only time I ever was around him was at soccer camp (wooo! that place was good for something, I'll tell ya). For the people who know Ridge kids, this is Steve Fenty. Let me spell it out: one day at lunch he completely out of the blue came over to ask me something about history homework. After he left, Andrea did a perfect imitation of a jaw-drop, eye-bugged mask that said, "How the ^&@% do you know HIM?!"
Whatever. You get it.
So in my dream, it's after the reunion, which in real life I didn't go to but in my dream I did, and I get this letter from him that basically professes his undying love to me and how it tore him up that he had to hide it, etc. etc. Then there's this whole thing where all the North Side of town kids are up at Ridgebury on the hill (BEFORE they mauled it with that parking lot!) doing God knows what because the only things you can really do on it are sled (but no snow) or roll down it, which we weren't doing. Anyway. He does his smile at me and it's all gooshy and grade-school and it's exactly how I remember him. I wake up and feel depressed that it didn't actually happen.
That's the lame part.
All the other ones were silly or stupid or unbelievable, but this one was nice. Damnation.

0 comments: