Friday, February 22, 2008

Daemons!

I read the three-book series His Dark Materials (Golden Compass is the first one) and the concept of daemons was one of the most intriguing things I have heard of. In all the different worlds, every person has a daemon; in some worlds, it is separate from you and is in the form of an animal, and in other worlds (like "ours", per say) it is just that little voice in your head that is your conscience. If you are in one of the latter worlds and step into one of the former worlds, your daemon appears beside you. It cannot go far from you without you both experiencing a deep, heartwrenching pain. Children's daemons can flicker between every animal form imaginable, but when they grow up and hit puberty, the daemons "settle" into a single animal form and don't change after it. An adult daemon's form is indicative of the adult's personality. I wanted to find out mine, so I took a quiz!











Your WOLF DAEMON shows that you are solitary, ferocious, and often intimidating, but not without your sufficient loyalty and poise. People tend to misunderstand you, but you prefer your own company, anyway.
Take this quiz!

I got a dog for another one. Those are close enough to convince me that it would be something like that. That's cool, I can roll with that.

0 comments: