Monday, September 8, 2008

Gripe

I've never been one to litter. Hell, I can't even slyly toss a little gum wrapper out of my pocket and onto the street without feeling like everyone in a ten-mile radius saw me and became angered with my nonchalant trash discarding. I literally save small clear plastic packaging pieces so I can throw them away in a garbage can. In other words, I'm lame.

But then on the bus this morning this .... woman ... if you can call her that, judging by her base ingratitude and overall whimsically sickening way she took advantage of public transportation... was eating pieces of apple and spitting out the skins onto the floor of the bus under her chair. What the hell! First of all, you can and are supposed to EAT the skin of the apple, especially since it wasn't even cut up yet. Second of all, she was talking to her friend as she manipulated the little bits around in her mouth, with pieces of chewed-up apple skin sticking way out of her mouth most of the time. And juice running down her chin. Please, please have the decency to cover your mouth or, hey, how bout this, DON'T spit your half-eaten, masticated food onto the floor of the bus where other people are going to have to put their (god forbid, sandalled) feet.

0 comments: