Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Pissed.

For the past 3 full months, I've been randomly answering the other side's phone if 1) they're not there, 2) I'm not busy and 3) it keeps ringing a million times and gets on my nerves.
All of these three criteria are usually in play, although I have let it ring if I'm in the middle of something. Obviously. Since it's not really my phone anyway.
Also, if I'm talking to the boss and it rings, I always ask, should I get it? Just to stop it from ringing because the other people aren't here and the front desk will keep calling it a hundred times without stopping. And he ALWAYS says, sure. I've ALWAYS done this. And I've also ASKED a BUNCH of times.
This morning, same deal, blah dee blah.
Then he comes storming out of his office saying how "we have to talk about something" and that he "REALLY doesn't like it when I pick up the other phone" and "this is our phone, that is their phone, it's their responsibility" and "we've talked about this multiple times" (which we haven't, btw, at least not this specific thing, unless he meant we talked about it BEING OKAY FOR ME TO DO).
I had NO idea this was coming, and am seriously angry now. It is not my fault if he is not clear and gives mixed signals about what to do in a certain situation. I've asked him many times if it's all right if I pick up their phone, and he says yes. WHY THE HELL IS IT DIFFERENT NOW and HOW THE CRAP WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW.

Ugh.

I want to smack something.

Later today:
I've gotten over it, just want to make sure he knows I didn't do it on purpose. Going to address that right before I leave and then high-tail it outta there.

0 comments: