Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

I'm pretty sure that the longer breaks are, the faster they seem to pass. But I did figure something out that's good about a quick 3-day weekend: it makes the following week quick, too! It's Tuesday, yey!
If I actually go back and think about what we did, it's rather lame. But I did get some things done that I'm pretty proud of, so here goes:
Friday - something stupid like sitting around and watching tv shows, but it was good because Adam was home all day and so was there when I got back (early!). We made tacos!! YUM
Saturday - Woke up late, and watched The Office basically all afternoon. That was pretty disgustingly lazy, but I rarely ever do it, so whatever. Dinner: homemade pizza. Delish.
Sunday - Went to Home Depot and got a bunch of stuff to set up the track lighting in our living room, because there are no lamps at all in there. It was essentially a fiasco. I am officially more of a handyman than Jared is, by far. Jared ended up drilling 5 (yes, 5) holes into the wall, taking about an hour due to lots of "oops!" and "ahh damn!" and "crap! shit!", instead of the 2 holes that were needed. He also drilled them so that they were WAY too big for the screws, and we had to go out and get some spackle to fix them back up. I drilled the others on the other wall, taking no more than 5 minutes. I also affixed the tracking to the wall and slid electric box into the sides. We finally got the other massacred bit up and plugged them in. It looked terrific, other than we had 9 50-watt bulbs burning at full blast all at the same time. Next move: buy a dimmer.
Dinner: italian hot sausage, egg noodles and beer.
Monday: More light adjustments, including the dimmer. Now our living room has a big plush red couch, a glass coffee table and sexy dimmed lights. Love it! And also, Adam managed to not electrocute himself when he dug into the wall and the circuit breaker to wire the damn thing. How can they not make that easier to do? You basically need an electrician. Good thing we sort of have one... I also had lunch with a girlfriend! (*gasp* how often does that happen? um, like, never) I met Yael freshman year in gen chem lab. Oh yeah, fun times. I didn't stay too up to date with her because she's environmental science, so we didn't have any classes besides that. But one day at the end of first semester senior year we saw each other walking across COM lawn and ended up standing there talking about after grad plans for almost an hour. She's living uptown in the city now, and it was really nice to have someone to talk to other than the boys I live with. She's planning on keeping this a regular thing, which I'm glad for, and she even lives right next to Jared's girlfriend and her roommate, our other friend, so maybe we can even get her into that circle. Exciting! Dinner: gnocchi fried with butter, garlic, capers and sun dried tomatoes

0 comments: